Saturday, April 25, 2009

Knitting

A great tragedy struck one of the nine scarves I made for my entire family one Christmas a few years ago. Namely…it was washed and it happened to be one of the 2 I made of slightly more expensive yawn. This one, in fact, had a large percentage of wool in it. Yep, it was felted. See:

So I am once again knitting a Harry Potter scarf. Mostly I knit on the bus…this I find is a great way to get strangers to strike up conversations with you. Especially since I knit continental-style and very fast. My Great-Aunt Thelma taught me to knit that way and it’s actually a very expedient way to knit. American style requires a person to drop the right needle to wrap the string for every stitch. I don’t think I’d have the patience to knit if I had to do it that way. I put together a demo of my style for this blog:

The source of my pattern for the Harry Potter scarf is:
Free Pattern for HP scarves
Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment