Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Life Goals

Every now and then I think: If I could retire early, what would I do? 

The answer at the top of my list these days is spend more time with my girls. But then the follow-up question naturally would be: Doing what?

My head always dreams of more puppet shows, man I love puppetry!  I'd like to do Puppets in the Park, all around Washington state.  Go from little town to little town and do puppet shows in their parks.

Everyone dreams of buying stuff, I mean, STUFF is always on a retirement list.  But if I could retire early, while still in my 40s, I'd buy an E.L.F from Organic Transit and a PEBL from Better Bike...make sure to get the ones that fit small kids in back.  These are competitors in the realm of hybrid bike and electric vehicles.  I'd like to attach 2 bike cargo trailers to each full of camping gear.  Have Dad and one girl in one, and Mom and one girl in the other and camp all summer long--spending the first half driving as far as we could get away and the second half meandering back in time for school to start.

I'd like to spend the school year volunteering in my daughter's schools and running my daughter's Campfire groups.  I'd do puppet shows on the weekends and other than that, I'd like to dabble in Stop-Motion animation and post silly videos on YouTube.  I might like to have a small Etsy store where I could sell puppets and occasionally strange hand-made costumes (these are the few things I like to make).

And I'd like to be good with money...really really good, so that I never have to go back to work again.  I've worked on other people's dreams long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment